We might not be able to help you get that
So, what exactly does it mean to be ‘verified’ on Tinder?
Photo verification on the dating app is basically a security feature that allows you to self-authenticate and declare you are who you say you are. So being ‘verified’ helps to weed out fake profiles and catfishers so people can safely crack on with matching with someone they fancy.
How does it work? Swipers take a series of real-time posed selfies which are then compared to existing profile photos using human-assisted AI technology.
How do you know when someone’s profile is verified? That’s easy — you’ll see a trusty blue tick after the name and age of the person in your feed while you’re swiping.
Now, let’s get your profile verified.
How to verify your Tinder profile
1. Open the Tinder app and tap the profile icon.
2. Tap the grey tick next to your name and age.
3. Hit continue when the prompt entitled “Get verified” appears.
Credit: screenshot: rachel thompson / tinder
4. You’ll be shown a pose and then be asked to copy that pose by taking a selfie.
5. Next, confirm that your selfie matches the pose and click “Submit for review.”
6. Repeat those last two steps one more time.
Now go forth and enjoy your blue tick!
Related Video: We asked over 1,000 people about their post-COVID dating plans
[yuzo id=820442 ]