The survey asked about customer service and consumers’ opinions on the channels they prefer to use and how they want to get customer service. We’ll discuss this insight below.
11 Stats Service Teams Need to Know
1. Using social media DMs for customer service is one of the
2. Effective marketers are
3. Marketers report that the Instagram strategy with the second highest ROI is using the app for customer service.
4. Consumers preferred channels for getting customer service are phone calls, going to a physical store, and using email.
5. 67% of consumers surveyed say they most often use phone calls to get customer service. Consumers also often use chatbots and in-person customer service.
6. When looking up questions on search engines, consumers most often use a mobile device, indicating the importance of offering omnichannel customer support.
8. Millennials prefer to get customer service through email and phone calls. Their least preferred channel is text message (SMS).
9. Millennials get the most use out of social media as a customer service channel.
10. 46% of Gen Xers prefer to get customer service by phone, followed by email (40%).
11. Boomers prefer to get customer service over the phone, followed by email and in-person customer service.
Dive Deeper into Consumer Trends
In this post we gathered customer service highlights from our State of Consumer Trends Survey. To learn more about consumer preferences and behavior, click below to download the full State of Consumer Trends Report.
[yuzo id=820442 ]