TikTok makes it easy for you to turn a video into a GIF.
Gone are the days of screen recording a video on your phone and uploading it to a sketchy GIF-making website, choosing the start and end times, adjusting the frame rate, blah blah blah you know the struggle. Making GIFs can be a huge pain.
GIFing on TikTok is refreshingly easy, and only takes a few taps. Here’s how to do it.
1. Find a video on TikTok you want to turn into a GIF.
2. Tap the “share” arrow on the right side of the screen.
Credit: SCREENSHOT: andy moser / tiktok
3. At the bottom, scroll right and tap “Share as GIF.”
Credit: SCREENSHOT: ANDY MOSER/TIKTOK
4. The video will automatically convert to a GIF.
5. You can share it via text (SMS), WhatsApp, or tap “Other” to share it to another social media platform or tap “Save Image” to save the GIF to your phone’s photo library.
And there ya go! One TikTok GIF, made to order in less than a minute. What will you do with all the minutes you save on GIF-making?