2. Make sure you’re scrolled to “Story” at the bottom.
3. Tap the “Create” icon (the text symbol on the left of the screen).
Tap the “Create” button, symbolized by the upper/lowercase text icon. Credit: screenshot: instagram
4. Scroll to the right on the bottom until you get to the “On This Day” Feature — a symbol of a clock with a counter-clockwise arrow.
Access “On This Day” by scrolling to the clock symbol on the bottom. Credit: screenshot: instagram
5. The feature will tell you if you have an “On This Day” by showing you one of your posts, along with how many years ago you posted it.
6. To add it to your Story, simply tap the clock symbol to capture the frame. Then, tap “Your Story” in the bottom left corner.
But there’s another way! You can also access the “On This Day” feature by accessing your Story Archive.
1. First, navigate to your Insta profile and tap the three lines in the upper right of the screen
Tap the three lines. Credit: SCREENSHOT: INSTAGRAM
2. Click on Archive
Find your Story Archive. Credit: SCREENSHOT: INSTAGRAM
Your Archive will have things like posts you’ve archived, a calendar of when you posted to your story, locations, as well as “On This Day.”
3. Tap share under memories to access posts you’ve made “On This day.”
Cue the nostalgia. Credit: SCREENSHOT: INSTAGRAM
That’ll do it. Your “On This Day” post will be added to your Instagram Story for your followers (or your mom) to see and reminisce over. You can get cute and add stickers, text, or markups before you post. Or you can just leave it as is. Either way, let the reminiscing commence.